Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Charcoal, new source..Wal-Mart

Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
edited 3:50PM in EggHead Forum
Just came back from Wal-Mart and spotted a sales clerk setting up the shelves and filling with bags marked "Real Flavor" Lump Charcoal..I backed up and took 2-10 lb bags @ 4.97 per bag. Just a tad pricey so watch for the fall sales on this one. I opened one bag ang the lump is ideal in size. Nice chunks..Stock number is 007284560110 from my sales ticket..

• BillyBilly Posts: 68
    Ch ar-Woody,
    I think its Royal Oak. I called their 800# to ask where I could get lump in my area and they said Wal-Mart or Ace Hardware. Billy

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Billy, it would be interesting to know..The bag says some distributing company in Missouri. (American Char-Coal Co.)Its still possible to be Royal Oak under a new lable.
    But it looks like great charcoal..large chunks..enjoy..