Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A NEW OLYMPIC EVENT--

Options
Bamabob
Bamabob Posts: 246
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I propose a "BGE long distance low temp. event):) I did a 18 hr. 2 butt cook overnite,locked on 200º for 12 hr. took it up to 225º for last 6 hrs. put on 4 racks of spare ribs at 225º for 5½ hrs. Couldn't find anything else cookable so decided to see how long EGG would hold at 225º before burning down to lower temp. a few more minutes will be 28 hrs. and looks like at least 5 or 6 more hrs. of heat.My old grills needed to be fed charcoal at least every hr. and the gasser would have already sucked a gas cyl. dry.A real GOLD METAL contender!!!!!I'll post the final time if I don't sleep through it. Happy EGGIN' Bamabob

Comments

• Louisiana Redneck
    Options
    Bamabob,
    Go Egg Go!!. Go Egg Go!!. Burn ON Baby. My best burn so far was 29 recorded hours and I Quit, not my Egg. I shut her down and cooked another meal later on the same Lump.
    Great Queing,[p]Louisiana Redneck

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Bamabob,[p]Thank heaven for the Guru making this possible.[p]Keep em Smokin,
    Jethro

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    Bamabob,
    Catagories - Small, Medium & Large with and without guru type devices.[p]I ran my Medium 17 hours @ 215-220 without guru assistance. Shut the bottom vent but left the top open (by mistake). Went to cover the egg about 9 hours later and temperature was still in the 125-130 range. So I opened the lid and stirred the lump with my bare hand ... IT WAS STILL HOT. Thankfully I didn't burn my hand. I probably could have opened her up and stared cooking ribs or steaks. I was stunned with the amount of lump left ... probably only burned 1/2 to 2/3 the amount I put in it. Simply amazing. [p]Lump used - Combination of Real Flavor and Wicked Good. (real flavor lights easier but wicked good lasts longer ... outstanding combination).[p]Gold medal winner.

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Bamabob,
    i once went 32 hours, and had a pantload of lump (um, charcoal) left.[p]i had filled to about half up the fire ring[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante