Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flat Brisket

Options
bburd
bburd Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a flat portion of a brisket, weighing in at just under 4 pounds. Should I follow the same methods as if it was a whole brisket...will it take as long? Thanks!
Barbara

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    BBurd,
    Follow the same guidllines, and the last one I did took about 8 hours at around 230° grid temp...I am no brisket expert but it came out great..the internal was around 185° but I didnt pull it untill I could twist a fork in it..let it rest for 15 minutes to whenever and cut across the grain..HTH[p]Wess

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    BBurd,[p]One problem you may encounter is the absence of fat, depending on how closely trimmed your flat is. A common competition "trick" is pin bacon strips (or side meat, or just plain pork fat) onto the top with toothpicks. (If you use bacon, it makes a dandy blt while you're waiting to slice the brisket.) When I've done this, I used a jacquard "tenderizer" to open channels for the rendered pork fat to flow into.[p]Ken