Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT help needed

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I thought I had saved the recipe for ABT's several times and when I finally have the opportunity to make them, I can't find it. I thought I found it on TNW's site, but I can't find it anymore. The family's out of town and the guys are getting together at 7 tonight.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Luder,
    Your'e quick

[ul][li]Boccie's ABT'S[/ul]
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Ham 'n Egg,
    My picumentary is on my website in the "cooks" section...HTH[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • mike
    mike Posts: 152
    Options
    Ham 'n Egg,
    Eggtoberfest 2003 ABTs on the half shell.[p]Ingredients:
    30 Jalapenos - fresh 2 -3 inches each
    2 8-oz pack of Cream Cheese
    1 lb Bacon (may not use all)
    60 Hillshire Farm’s Smokie Links
    1 Jar of pre-minced garlic (fresh works great too)
    1 bottle of Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk rub[p]Preparation Directions:
    Wash, remove stems and half jalapeno's lengthwise. Remove seeds and veins (leave veins in if you would like a hotter ABT).
    Cut lengths of bacon strips just long enough to cover the jalapeno.
    Fill jalapeno halfs with cream cheese.
    Slather minced garlic on the cream cheese
    Sprinkle liberally with Dizzy Pig’s Jamaican Firewalk rub
    Press a Smokie Link onto the cheese
    Top it off with a piece of bacon. Use a round toothpick to hold it all together.[p]Cooking Directions:
    Get cooker at 325 to 350 degrees and toss on a couple handfuls of soaked hickory chips and smoke direct for 30 to 45 minutes on raised grid. A smoker basket or pizza screen will help in putting a whole batch on the egg at one time. No turning is necessary, but you do want to look for hot spots.[p]Special Instructions:
    When done, let sit for a few minutes. To remove, press down on the toothpick first before picking it up. That will make sure you get all the parts. It’s best to use your right hand to pick one up to eat while your left hand holds a cold beer.[p]Recipe Source
    Author: Ed Krach (GrillMeister)[p]