Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

White BBQ Chicken Thighs

Chrispy Bob
Chrispy Bob Posts: 93
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
wbbq.jpg
<p />Tried the white BBQ sauce that I posted earlier, on chicken thighs tonight.....very tasty. Next time I may substitute chipotle pepper for the Cayenne or possible Smokey Tabasco.
Be sure and put some on the table. I didn't and had to dig it out of the frig and nuke the chill off.[p]Chrispy Bob

Comments

• RayS
    RayS Posts: 114
    Chrispy Bob,[p]Looks good. I saved the recipe when you posted it, but haven't
    had a chance to try it yet. When did you apply the sauce.[p]RayS

• RayS,
    Sorry, left out a few details...I liberally coated chicken about 30 min. before cooking. Cranked up egg to 275ºƒ (would go 300ºƒ next time) Cooked chicken about 40 min. turning several times and basting each time. Raised temp to 300-350ºƒ and finished off to brown up a bit. I think the cooking times was a little long and that is why I would raise the initial temp to 300ºƒ. Be sure and extra sauce on hand at the table.[p]Enjoy,[p]Chrispy Bob

• Chrispy Bob, I tried the sauce on some boneless, skinless chicken breast and it was great. However that was friday and a spur of the moment thing and didn't have the recipe so went by memory. We were down to one hoagie roll between the two of us and so halfed the sammich and cut the other breast into strips and, man is that white stuff we made a good chicken strip dip...whooweee...we are horseradish lovers anyway and you just wait till I get me good stand of homegrown going , I'll make that twice as good as with the jar stuff. Even the "fresh" you get at the store don't compare to pulling it up out of the ground and using it right then.

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Chrispy Bob,[p]I must've missed the recipe...could you post again or direct me to the previous one?[p]Thanks,
    Tonia

• Chrispy Bob,
    Here is th erecipe for the white bbq sauce.[p]Chrispy Bob[p]WHITE BBQ SAUCE[p]1 cup mayonnaise
    2 tablespoons cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons freshly grated or prepared horseradish
    2 tablespoons water
    1 teaspoon coarse salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper[p]Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. The sauce can be
    refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.[p]

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Is that Big Bob Gibson's recipe that Chris Lilly provided on The Food Network?[p]Jim
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Answered my own question!! It's not. Link to that recipe is below.
    [ul][li]Big Bob Givson's White Sauce[/ul]