Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...Anybody have an I-Pad?

2»

Comments

• hahaha
    i agree. s'all good, wess.
  • eagin
    eagin Posts: 15
    I just can't imagine in 2010 buying a device that doesn't multi-task. Why should I have to close 1 program completely in order to open another... it's ridiculous... I'll be waiting for the non-Apple alternative.
  • I have the 32GB model. I didn't feel the need to get the 64GB because I have way more content then that and I'll put the $100 for the update down the road. I don't have 3G, one reason is because I bought it day one (3G model wasn't out) and I don't see myself carrying it around town and I haven't at this point. The forum comes up great, it remembers your login settings, etc. Love it, normally use it instead of the notebook. You will need to figure out the size you need, I usually say get the biggest...
  • Will look into it, thanks for the tip!
  • Maybe it could be neuro implanted with a digital coupler mounted on the back of our hands and a backup on our foreheads? :evil:
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Darn... I just invented it and already there's an updated model out LOL

Spring "Anything Invented Before Today Is Old" Chicken
  • Poodlemom
    Poodlemom Posts: 85
    We have one, and absolutely love it! We got it the day they came out, so ours is not 3G. Didn't think we would need it, since it was mostly for labdad to read the forum in his recliner! LOL! It was bought specifically for his use, so we purchased the 16GB. He doesn't deal with pix or music. Size is perfect!!! It is a much better fit for him than a notebook labtop, which we had been looking at. Ours was kind of a impulse buy, just happened to be in Charleston SC near the Apple store on the first day!! Boy, was there a lot of hype at the Apple store on that day! I very rarely get to use it, unless he wants apps downloaded. We have had absolutely no issues with it at all.
  • yep. a couple years after apple comes out with it, someone will tweak a couple things and capitalize on apple's hard work. easier to have the other guy develop it, and then just make a knock off.

kinda like the primo folks. ;)
  • I've got a 64G 3G and love it. I got the 3G because I travel a couple times a year, and figured the $130 premium was worth it for those infrequent trips. If they hadn't done the non-contract route for 3G service, i wouldn't have bought the 3G.

Multitasking - I'm not finding it a limitation, but I do think the fact there's no file management system that would allow multiple apps to 'handle' a single file is an oversight on Apple's part, but I also think they'll be fixing that with an update here in the very near future, at least I hope they do. I was an early iPhone adopter and was amazed at how they grew the experience over time with software updates.

If you want to use it in place of a laptop/desktop, it's not going to work out well. It's great for consuming, just so so for creating content.

The knocks on the keyboard have not been an issue for me, I only type with 6 fingers anyway, and don't find it a problem at all. Actually it's better than a normal keyboard in a way because it corrects misspellings, and my laptop keyboard doesn't.

I surf this site all the time with it, works great.
  • h20egg
    h20egg Posts: 168
    I'd get one just because I'm sort of into toys, but at Christmas got a MacAir so can't justify it. Yes, Apple stuff is overpriced compared to the alternates, but it's worth it because it ...just works. No need for the IT guy to come debug it. Somewhat off color, excuse me, but a woman at work said she'd really like to get an I-Pad but thought it sounded too much like a feminine hygiene product! :laugh:
  • boston_stoker
    boston_stoker Posts: 794
    I have the non-3G model with 64 GB. I use it on the forum a lot. The lack of flash support is annoying at times, but I like it over all. FYI, photobucket use flash. I wouldn't want to pay the $30 a month for 3G, but that is my opinion. I do have to admit at times I do wish I had 3G, but that's ok.

I love using it around the house and at hotels on the road.