Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT Recipe

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello, does anyone have an ABT recipe or link? I can't seem to find one. Thanks!!

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    chubbya,
    There is a picumentary of the way I do them on my website, in the "cooks" section...[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • Daddyo
    Daddyo Posts: 224
    chubbya,
    Japelanos. Not too big. Thumb size or a little smaller is about right (I'm not a biter. I like to pop my poppers in one piece).[p]Remove stem, but leave pepper "closed," i.e., do not cut off end.[p]Slice open lengthwise with sharp knife.[p]Scrape out insides (doesn't have to be perfect). I use a 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon to scrape out the pepper and I do it under a trickle of running water.[p]Stuff with cream cheese. I use one of those little butter spreading things that you only put out at Thanksgiving to stuff the cheese in.[p]Wrap in bacon (no more than 2x around or the inside layer won't cook. I like bacon so I always go 2 full revolutions.)[p]I cook indirect (over plate setter) at 350 until bacon is done (40 minutes or so). I know lots of folks do them direct.[p]You can add anything else you want, like leftover pulled pork, breakfast sausage, shrimp, or, or, or, but the cream cheese alone will make a wonderful ABT.

• Daddyo
    Daddyo Posts: 224
    33%3A%3C%3B42%3B23232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D85%3C%3D%3B77%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A4%3C4%3A497ot1lsi
    <p />chubbya,
    I forgot to mention toothpicks. They hold the thing closed and keep the bacon wrapped while cooking. As you can see, Wess cuts his in half. More stuffing that way. Less pepper. It's all good.

• Boccie
    Boccie Posts: 186
    chubbya,[p]Heres our page. The recipe is posted in the Recipe's Section of this site.
    [ul][li]Atomic Buffalo Turds[/ul]
  • Thanks Everyone.
    One quick question...If I add meat to this recipe like chopped beef, is it pre-cooked or raw?
    Thanks Again,
    Chubbya

• Thanks Everyone.
    One quick question...If I add meat to this recipe like chopped beef, is it pre-cooked or raw?
    Thanks Again,
    Chubbya

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    chubbya,
    pre cooked...[p]Wess

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 441
    chubbya,
    You have all the help you already need, but I like to do them a little different. I take an 8 oz cream cheese, a 2 cup bag of Mexican 4 cheese blend, a small block of queso blanco, a can of Rotele and a bunch of cooked pulled pork and mix that together with a few tablespoons of seasoning (dry rub) of your choice. Blend everything, fill the jalapeno boat, wrap with bacon and cook direct until done. I have also used this mixture to stuff poblanos and grill direct for some awesome chile rellanos or poblano rellano. Just another way to skin that ABT. Joe[p]My next round I'm going to season a brisket with fajita seasoning, cook it indirect - etc, slice it and use it in the poblanos with the cheese mixture instead of butt meat.