Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wire to Wire- 19 hours even

Options
'Q Bruddah
'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I figure its going to get crazy 'round dinner time so I am posting proof now that the cook was done. Besides I don't know any creative way to display a mash of pulled pork. After all, I am a bear of little (fried) brain.

FirstButt.jpg

Y'all, are invited!!

Okay because you asked so nice!!

IMAG0164.jpg

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Great looking Q brother! Nothing left but the meowing now. It looks just right. :P

So inquiring minds want to know what your next cook will be? :woohoo: Tim
  • maXim
    maXim Posts: 468
    Options
    Very nice, very nice indeed!
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Q, it looks great. You did good. I'm coming over.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Options
    Well, if you haven't seen it, I DID add the after shot. The next long cook could well be more butts. But the next posted cook could be ribs, probably spares. Thanks, Tim, you have been a great help and inspiration.

I didn't have my usual recipe for beans and I was in a huge hurry so I "threw them together" and hope I can duplicate them down the road, like 4th of July. I think one of the key factors was hangin' 'em under the pork for a couple of hours and soakin' up smoke. My wife told me three times she liked the meal. She said it was the first coleslaw she has ever liked. Thanks and a tip o' the hat to Elder Ward!! I caught my son 'picking' out the bark I leaned on him hard and reminded him of his manners. All told, it was an overwhelming success and I have my egg and all my eggin' friends to thank.
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Options
    Thanks, maXim, its all you guys cheering from the wings that multiplies the joy a hundred fold.
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Options
    I am settin' a place for y'all now. Thanks, the food and the praise from the forum make it all worth it. I am going to need a six pack of sleep. I know the next one won't be anywhere near as hard. I hope when I grow up I never forget this cook and I go out of my way to encourage the new folks as I have been encouraged I hope never to become so jaded as to be unable to hook into a newbie's desire to produce real BBQ. Thanks y'all and G'night.
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Options
    Looks fantastic!!!! Congrats. Wish I was there
  • WhackMaster719
    Options
    Looks great! What's underneath?
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Options
    Best dang beans I have ever put to my lips.
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Options
    Thanks Mark, it was gooooooood.
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Options
    what type of beans? Did you eat yet?
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Options
    Mark, its a recipe from Steven Raichlen for Smoky BBQ beans. I threw them together adjusting and cutting the recipe down to size as I went, measuring in palmfuls. I have done similar beans in the past and they have been good but these cooked under the pork for an hour and a half and on top of the grill extender for another two hours. I am convinced that the drippings from the pork and the smokiness from the Egg made all the difference. They were absolutely amazing. I want to duplicate this cook for the fourth of July.

Yes, we have already eaten but if you get here quick...
  • ChargerGuy
    ChargerGuy Posts: 357
    Options
    Q, great job that looks Great!!!!
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Options
    Jason, I have to admit that you saved the day by your timely post about sides. Fortunately, this is low and s-l-o-w cooking and I had time to get it together. The beans and slaw were a big hit and without them it would have been a dud.
    Thanks,
    Steve