Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ribs tomorrow

Options
Zyme
Zyme Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I'm making ribs tomorrow and I was going to try something new. Now, to begin, we've been making baby backs for a year and loving it--we marinade in Stubb's pork marinade, then grill indirect at 225 for 4 hours. During the last hour I'm basting them with Stubb's spicy BBQ sauce. Then I'll wrap em in foil and put them in a cooler for about 30-40 minutes. By the time we go to eat, they're falling-apart-awesome.

Tomorrow though, we're trying this thing with the foil that I know a few of you do: After about three hours, we'll take the ribs off (two racks cut in half for 4 sets) and put them in big foil envelopes. 1 will get some Guiness beer, 1 will get some red wine, 1 will get some maker's mark, and 1 will get some dark rum. Each of the four will go back on the egg for another hour at low heat.

Sound crazy? got a suggestion? Wanna come over and try these out with us? :)

Comments