Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Briscuit burining on the bottom

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Every time I smoke beef briscuit (225 deg, 12 hours), it burns and/or dries out on the bottom. I have tried stopping this problem by erecting a two level grill. Briscuit on top, aluminum drip pan below. This helps but does not eliminate the problem.[p]Any one have any solutions?

Comments

• James
    James Posts: 232
    Options
    Badger_7,[p]I've been having the same problem. Yesterday I flipped the briskett over about halfway through. That seemed to help.[p]
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Badger_7,[p]Are you cooking it fatcap up? If so, try cooking it with the fatcap down. Are you using just a drip pan to deflect the heat? If so, consider using a ceramic mass of some type, like a platesetter or firebricks.[p]TRex
  • CRISPYCRITTER
    Options
    Badger_7,
    My recomendation is that you should invest in a BGE eggcessory called a plate setter. Put it in your egg with feet up. Put your drip pan on the inverted setter. Put your grid in the normal position. Cook away with fat side up.