Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Moose Lips? No just beef ribs

Options
Pot Licker
Pot Licker Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I come humbly before the forum with an apology; I messed up a set of beef ribs that even I couldn't finish. So I come before you seeking advice on how to improve them next time, and also providing others an opportunity to learn from my mistakes. I had rubbed beef ribs with yellow mustard and brought them to room temp, problem #1 I believe is I let my egg temp get to high and was never able to get it down below 350 with still wanting to eat the ribs for lunch, shouldn't have rushed. Mistake #2 I am not sure about, I used a place setter, tray to catch the grease, and a rib rack, cooked the ribs for 3.5 hours but was surprised how greasy the ribs tasted, I didn't trim off much fat, needed something to hold the meat to the bone, :)
Anyway I will live to cook another day but it won’t be beef ribs.

Comments

• Gene
    Gene Posts: 99
    Options
    Pot Licker,
    I did Plate Beef Ribs from sams yesterday on raised Grid with plate setter and Pizza Pan under them, only put salt and Pepper on them. Cooked around 250 for 4 hours. wife wasen't home yet so wraped in foil and in Over for a few hours until she got Home. They were good. Think we Like them more than Pork Ribs.

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Pot Licker,
    I love beef ribs. I cook them with the same set up, but at 250* for about 6 hours. You need to give them time for all the fat to break down.
    Here is a link that taught me where to start...

[ul][li]beef ribs[/ul]
    Apollo Beach, FL