Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stromboli

Options
WhackMaster719
WhackMaster719 Posts: 307
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wifey asked if we could come up with something to do on the egg to use the extra pizza dough that I bought from Friday nights' dinner. :whistle: While she and the munchkin were out on a playdate, I decided to give some Stromboli a try... Sorry I didn't get any pics of it going together, but basically I rolled out the pizza dough into a rectangle using a rolling pin and lots of flour so it wasn't sticky. I brushed the top with EVOO, then some Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and some sprinkle Parmesan cheese. Put the sauce on top of that then cheese for one and also pepperoni for the other. Rolled them up, brushed on an egg wash, then egged them on 600 for about 20 minutes. They came off just as the girls were getting home and my wife was very pleased! :evil:

Rolled and washed, ready for eggin:
2010-05-02164854.jpg

Turned them half way through (had a bit of a blowout):
2010-05-02171347.jpg
All done, and perfect all around:
2010-05-02172420.jpg

Comments