Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Craycourt cast iron grill

Options
rooster
rooster Posts: 252
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
any body here us one? I understand its radius is about 17.5. Doe this work on fire ring? Does it work on tjs extender. I want to order but need input from users.

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Yes, I bought one after seeing someone else cook on one here on the Forum. Looked cool enough to get one. Frankly, I haven't used it but a couple of times. I also got the optional griddle insert. A little over $100 if I remember correctly.

Well built but my griddle stuck in the grid frame and I had to wait until it cooled to bump it out. Other than that one incident (not a big deal) I have no complaints about it. And one of these days I'll give it a proper workout.

Here's the link for those who what to see it.

http://www.cast-iron-grate.com/

Spring "Cast Iron Rich, Pocketbook Poor" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Yes, I have one for my LG and like it a lot. It fits fine on the fire ring and I have the WOO3 for raised cooks, it also fits that fine. Being able to lift the sections out individually is an asset to me, I can get my fire going, temp stabilized, and everything ready, then lift out a section to add my wood chunks and put on the meat at the same time. The grill section is great for veggies. In my opinion, it is a very versitile unit, well worth the price. I don't use it for everything, but I use it a lot.! B)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL