Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Better get your shrimp now!

Options
Boatman
Boatman Posts: 854
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
News is saying the seafood industry will be devastated by the oil spill! :ohmy:

Comments

• Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    It's just devastating what is happening.
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Options
    It's a catastropy.What a shame.
    From now on every state near the ocean will say 'not in my back yard" when they want to put an oil rig out there.I think wind turbine farms are a better idea.
    Now your shrimp will be packed in oil and all you have to do is add the rub.You'll get plenty of smoke(black).
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Comparing oil rigs to wind turbines makes no sense. Not to make this political, but cars don't run on wind generated power.

And for the record I am an avid outdoorsman and strongly believe in protecting our environment and I always do my best to "leave no trace" ... but wind turbines will never ever replace oil as an energy source.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I agree Rod. Not knocking wind farms but the physics are not there.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• i wouldn't equate the two of them either.

i personally am simply enjoying the irony of hearing for ten years how damaging these stupid wind turbines will be to cape cod, only to have the frigging oil spill coincide with the wind farm's approval. much more devastation from that event, or from leaking tankers and every-day spilling.

that doesn't mean that i think wind turbines could put oil rigs out of business though.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I agree with that. Wind farms will add to the grid but people don't seem to understand torque.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Fidel wrote:
    Comparing oil rigs to wind turbines makes no sense. Not to make this political, but cars don't run on wind generated power.

And for the record I am an avid outdoorsman and strongly believe in protecting our environment and I always do my best to "leave no trace" ... but wind turbines will never ever replace oil as an energy source.
    I never said wind farms would power cars.I meant they are safer, better environmentally in the ocean than oil rigs.