Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Eggfest

Options
Manfred
Manfred Posts: 186
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is my first Eggfest and I have few questions.
I will be picking up a LBGE and I will be cooking to.
I took the day off from work to get my truck pack and thought I might need to be sure I am bring all the right stuff.
what type of equipment do I need to bring?
any extra grides?
How much food?
Any and all help is needed.
see you all tomorrow morning.
Happy egging

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    What we do is decide what items we will be cooking and bring whatever is required to cook it. If we're doing a cake we need mixing bowls, spatulas, etc. If we're doing pork tenderloins we need tongs, cutting boards, etc. If you find you forgot something, someone will loan it to you. Hope that helps. -RP
  • Austin Egger
    Options
    Manfred, This will be my first egg and eggfest as well. Like AZRP said, bring whatever you think that you will need to get the job done. They will be providing the charcoal/lump, but that is about it. I am personally going to cook some basics since I haven't cooked on one yet, so I will be cooking some sausage, chicken, probably a tenderloin, etc. I'm just going to cook some through out the day, but I am definitely going to bring a couple of packages extra for whoever wants some. I look forward to meeting everyone!
  • Manfred
    Manfred Posts: 186
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. I will be cooking 3 fatties and eggs and rolls, but the roll are store bought. I will see you in the morning thanks for the help.
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Look forward to meeting you guys! See you bright and early.