Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

outdoor kitchen in the making

Options
PWise
PWise Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
check out the nearly finished renovations for outdoor cooking at home:
4563394506_665cf25ab5_b.jpg
4563394504_67a92b4dc9_b.jpg

Also lookie here for tuesday's wine-dinner... the theme was "A night in Spain"... the scallops were seared in an 800°F fire over a pizza screen directly above the fire... After I took out the scallops I left in the screen because it was too hot and closed the vents to cool in order to prepare to sear the sous-vide'd duck breasts... All I will say is the screen is no more... It melted in some parts... weird.. haha

The menu was:

Fire-seared scallops over a portobello-shrimp infused cream, seared foiegras, meyer lemon juice, green habanero, sea salt.

Curry infused lentils, piquillo pepper wrapped goat cheese.

Paella, "patatas bravas".

Sous-vide and seared duck breast, black/peanut mole, mashed potoato, bacon, serrano jam, lemon confit ravioli.

Filloas gallegas. (crepes with pig blood (used milk instead) cooked on bacon fat(this I did))... (no photo of this one though)...

cheers!

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Dang Pato, looks like a major project! Can't wait to see the finished product. -RP
  • PWise
    Options
    Yeah... it's been two difficult months... but it's gonna be awesome... I'm gonna have both XLs setup (you see where?), a paella gas burner, sink, sous-vide bath, beer fridge (most important), and of course music and tv hehe...

The pictures were taken yesterday and they're supposed to be finished by saturday... I'll post photos!

cheers!
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Starting to look like a outdoor kitchen. Great job.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • PWise
    Options
    yep! that's pretty much the idea!

cheers!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Please keep us up on the pictues of the kitchen.
    Boy you are going to be talked about in Austin. If not here you get talked about :evil:
    We will miss you guys.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Impressive and what an undertaking. Can't wait to see finished pics.
    Mike
  • PWise
    Options
    aaaaaarrrrrrrr, trust me mick... no one wishes me there more than myself... unfortunately the stars aligned to impede my going... hahaha....

to compensate I will have a wine dinner saturday night, so in fact I will be cooking at the same time as all you guys!

The menu:

First Course
    salmon carpaccio with citrus marinade (meyer, lime, lemon, yuzu) and parmigiano-reggiano.

Second Course
    Variety of pizzas:
    1. Roasted garlic & tomato, brie, prosciuttom di parma, arugula.
    2. Tomato, mozzarella, parmigiano-reggiano, truffled grilled portobello.
    3. Quattro formaggi.
    4. Roasted garlic, basil & tomato, mozzarella, pepper crusted salami.

Third Course
    Sous-vide and egg-seared Prime Angus Callotte de Boeuf, bone marrow "crackling", truffled potato mille-feuille, shiitake bordelaise.

Dessert
    Traditional tiramisu, caramelized orange peel.

cheers!
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Pato looks terrific, great to be outdoors.......now, as far as Austin is concerned you are in deep trouble my friend, I'll stand up for you as long as the first tequila hits me :woohoo: ......that's about 2 seconds.... :laugh:
  • PWise
    Options
    Thanks Mike!!

Hope to be up and running soon...

cheers!
  • PWise
    Options
    thanks beli!! i sure hope it's more than 2 seconds.... I've a missed call from you, sorry I couldn't take it... you've got mail...

cheers!
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    As usual, you're up to something... Looks like it's going to be a fun and very convenient place to cook.

And your dinner was another masterpiece. Don't you EVER do just a plain hamburger or something? LOL...

Gonna miss you in Austin but like Mickey said, we'll be talking about you.

This isn't for publication just yet but Maggie Mini is going with us to Austin. She found out there was going to be an after-party so she got all 'gussied up' for the occasion. How do you like her new 'Traveling Clothes?"

MaggieMiniinnewdress800X600.jpg

Maggies800X600.jpg

She said she would love to come break in your XL's but she may have a hard time getting back into Texas. She was born in Mexico, you know, but decided to work at the Chicken Ranch. She's quite popular here.

See you at next year's Texas Eggfest.

Spring "Girls Will Be Girls" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • PWise
    Options
    Hey Leroy!

I'll sure miss you guys as well!

you're welcome anytime down here... maggie looks great btw...

say hello to Judy please!
    have a great time!
    cheers!!