Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Experiment for Dinner

Options
Egghead Ike
Egghead Ike Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I decided to try something different on my large BGE tonight. I bought a 2 pound pork roast for $3.25 at the local grocery store. I used an organic roasted garlic herb seasoning, and rubbed it all over the roast. Then I let it sit out to get to room temperature while I got the BGE set up. I used the plate setter, and stabilized the egg to 325 degrees. I then put some soaked applewood chips on the coals to get the smoke going. Next, I smothered the top of the roast with some apple sauce, and used a spatula to spread it around. I then placed the roast in a roaster, uncovered and put it on the BGE for 1 hour and 20 minutes. When the juices start to run clear, you know it's ready. I then took it off the grill and let it rest under tin foil for 5 minutes.

This was the juiciest, and most tender pork roast I have ever had. My wife made rosemary potatoes and creamed spinach to go with the roast. We had a great dinner for 5 people.

Comments