Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question for all on finishing pulled pork?

Options
Deetwood
Deetwood Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What do most of you do after you pull a pork butt? Season it, sauce it or what.[p]I wanting to sprinkle something on it but am at a loss, and really hadn't had much experience sauce it.[p]Any opinions would be great.

Comments

• James
    James Posts: 232
    Options
    Deetwood,[p]I eat it with Elder Ward's vinegar sauce.[p]" (A)The Traditional North Carolina Sauce I grew up with.
    This would be from my mothers side of the family who are a bunch of flatlanders near the coast. We only came down out of the hills to see them just enough to keep the peace in the family and my mother from running back home for good. She hated the mountains. We all loved her folks.[p]· 1 C white vinegar
    · 1 C cider vinegar
    · 1 Tbs. sugar (Hawaii style when you can)
    · 1 Tbs. cayenne pepper (fresh ones split 2 of em instead soak 2 days or more is best)
    · 1 Tbs. Tabasco sauce
    · 1 tsp. kosher salt
    · 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
    Makes 2 Cups[p]Place in a bottle with small neck that will allow you to shake it out a little at a time."