Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

wood chunks

Options
Manfred
Manfred Posts: 186
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I went to my local Academy Sport store this weekend to look around and they just got in thier shipment of BBQ supplies. The wood chuck they had were the biggest I have ever seen. They had small logs and big chucks in Hickory, Mesquite, Pecan. 10 and 20 lb bags. So now I know where get my wood chuck. Thought you might need to know this because I haven't seen any post about Academy Sport store for BBQ supplies.
GOOD luck, happy eggging
TEXAS EGGFEST 5 days

Comments

• Sooner Egg
    Sooner Egg Posts: 578
    Options
    thanks for heads-up, there is one about 7 miles from me, will have to check them out this weekend
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    That is where I go. But they have been out of Cherry for the past 3 months (cherry chunks, not chips).
    Picked up some in Frsco this weekend and a couple of bags of Ono lump that everyone has been talking about.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Manfred
    Options
    I am going back this weekend to get some lump because my wal mart is out of RO lump
  • Mickey
    Options
    Why don't you go to Austin this Saturday to the TEXAS Egg Fest and you can get some Ozark at BBQ Outfitters just down the street. Also some real good food and meet all the eggers cooking and eating.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Manfred
    Options
    I am going to the egg fest this saturday in Austin. This will be my first. I signed up to cook and I will picking up my LBGE. I will be the only person in all maroon down in longhorn country. GIG'EM
  • Mickey
    Options
    Good deal, will see you then.
    I will be less crutches but still in walking boot, I will be the one hopping.
    Got my large last year at the fest.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    My egg dealer also carries Weber products including Weber chips and chunks. The chunk bags are 6 pounds and are under $6. So that's another source...a Weber dealer in your locale.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.