Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Watching the egg

Options
Charbon
Charbon Posts: 222
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Egg_Perch.jpg
<p />My favorite spot to perch and keep an eye on the egg! I do have to admit if the temp spikes it is unlikely I will get out of tub to fix it. I always point temp I'm trying to hold towards top. Thanks for tip from forum member.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Charbon,
    that trick comes from auto racers where the dials are set in the panel so a straight up needle is a quick read assurance where "things being read" are at optimum.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RRP,[p]Which I believe came from the Human Factors Engineers and the first space capsules...
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Chuck E, perhaps so but as I recall the first manned space capsules were windowless and certainly not on a road or track where one must maintain constant visual contact what difference did "up" make? Oh well, Happy 4th!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RRP,[p]They found that they should put the most critical guages directly in front of the operator, but with too many inputs fluctuations would not be noticed. The farthest from the center, the less likely they would be noticed. When they rotated all those analog dials so that when optimum the needles were up, it was easy to notice and take action on any system out of whack.