Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So frustrated by my local BGE dealer

3Pedals6Speeds
3Pedals6Speeds Posts: 439
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I went in today for probably the 2nd or 3rd time in a year, asking about 13" CI grates. I know I can have them order one, but for some reason I don't. Maybe it's because I'm pretty sure I can order it online (BTW - Can I?).

Anyway, this place has no accessories, other than plate setter, and grilling chip (no chunks).

Very frustrating.

Comments

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Yes, you can order them online. I got one for my small and large through BGE. I've got a so called dealer like you here in Milwaukee. I don't even go in there anymore.
  • I'd make a call to HQ and let them know about the situation. I think most dealers are a little better stocked than this.
  • reelgem wrote:
    Yes, you can order them online. I got one for my small and large through BGE. I've got a so called dealer like you here in Milwaukee. I don't even go in there anymore.

I went to the BGE website, but see no way to actually order?
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    LOL - My dealer doesn't even stock EGGS!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    How can he be considered a dealer??? And I thought I had it bad. At least my dealer stocks large and XL's. :)
  • Carolina Q
    Good question, Anne. :) He's on the list though. When I went to pick mine up (after it arrived in stock), there were none on display. The first time I ever SAW an egg - any egg - was when the dealer and I took mine out of the box so it would fit in my car.

Maybe he stocks them "in season". I guess nobody around here buys grills in August - season's over by then. LOL

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Michael,

How far are you from East Haddam? I have a friend there and I've been trying for years to get him involved in Egg'n. He said he went to see an Egg at a dealer but apparently didn't get much of a sales pitch.

Sounds like y'all may be sharing the same dealer, or perhaps the same lack of dealer enthusiasm.

Spring "Enthusiasm Sales" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Carolina Q
    Probably the same dealer. He's only a few miles from the center of East Haddam, but 40 miles from me.

I would have bought from him again (though most folks probably wouldn't buy sight unseen). I say "would have" because when I asked him for a quote for a Mini a while back, he gave me one and said I would have to pay 50% up front, the balance on delivery. I didn't have to do that with the Large a few months earlier. Sounds like a red flag to me.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Call BGE retail store at 770-934-5300
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Go to http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com. Fred has anything you need and is an Egg dealer as well. Extremely fast and very competetive prices. Enjoy your shopping rather than being frustrated. I Give Fred 5 stars. :)
  • ChargerGuy
    ChargerGuy Posts: 357
    You can also try the Ceramic Grill Store. Just google them. They carry alot of items for the BGE.