Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick question on pork butt

Options
Cali Fireman
Cali Fireman Posts: 38
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've watched a couple youtube videos where some guys spray a baste on their pork butt like you would ribs. Does anyone here do this? If so is it every hour like ribs? Thanks for your input. Fireman

Comments

• CrimsonTideGirl
    Options
    I have only cooked 2, but I rub it with yellow mustard and a pork rub before I put it on and I don't do anything else to it while it is cooking except check the temp every once in a while.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I never have. I think that's the general consensus around here as well.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Cali Fireman
    Options
    Awesome...thats kinda what i thought. Thanks for replying guys!
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Do nothing and resist the temptation to open the dome for a peek! :P

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Grilling Away in ?
    Options
    Totally not necessary, plenty of moisture inside the dome and in the pork fat. Sit back and cook and enjoy some fine pulled pork.