Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Scallop Throwdown......

HatchHatch Posts: 149
edited 4:24AM in EggHead Forum
Mike, looks like it might just be the two of us on this one. Bunch of chickens out there. :(
Any idea how you want to run it?
Blind judging or an explanation of your method and recipe?
I think maybe like KCBS. Presentation, taste and tenderness or texture however you want to word it.
I'm quite sure we will have no problem finding judges on the day of the event.

Give me a shout if you like.
Kenny aka Hatch

Comments

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Kenny did you see my post from just a little while ago....

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=873896&catid=1
  • i'll volunteer to be a judge!!
    You got it my friend...
  • Wess, Max won't be able to judge. He'll have to cop out of the fest mid-day to go watch his precious Capit-Gals and Ovenchicken lose to the Penquins in the eastern conference semis again. :woohoo: :evil:
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    SCALLOPSSmall-1.jpg
    a gallon of fresh ones last winter...
    freshcookedSmall.jpg
    pan seared
    Picture950-2.jpg
    crumb topping
    Sure wish we were going to be there....
    I would LOVE this LOL
  • caps won't be playing pens on 1 may this year...since philly beat devils, we get them in the next round. ...and i will have the tickets for the first game which will probably be thursday or friday night. ...so i should fine to judge on saturday :woohoo:

btw. ...nice triple OT loss by the slimey flightless birds from shitsburgh last night!!! . .captain crybaby was doing plenty of whining i noticed!!!
    Kenny and Mike competeing, Susan Egglaine, Max, and Shootergirl judging.....would be nice to have one more judge but not mandatory...and certainly would be cool for more competitors to get involved and cooking...
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    Hey Wess, I'll judge but you should probably get an odd number for judges. 2-2 won't cut it, we need a tie breaker.
    I'm thinking a points system for judging, a tie is most likely not possible...I'll talk with Kenny and Mike..I'm thinkin if there were a tie..the highest score in taste would win...still a tie..the highest score in appearance..etc etc..
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    Gotcha, well I'm in anyways. I have no prior experience in judging though. Maybe one of the others can give me a crash course in judging.
    Cool...you make 4 so the judges are set...now if we could just get some extra challengers..