Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

cook's dinner

PWisePWise Posts: 1,173
edited 5:14PM in EggHead Forum
Yesterday I got together with a group of local chefs/restauranteurs for casual dinner. The theme was fish/seafood and each one cooked one or two dishes... We flew in two huge cases of fresh fish and live geoduck, "chocolate" clams, and scallops.

There are some photos of the food here alhotugh many are of the people.

I cooked cedar smoked "cavicucho" (Atractoscion nobilis)with ginger, lemon, vainilla pod, pink, black and green pepper, with asparragus-morel-mussel-infused-brown-butter-sauce. The plank was soaked in morel infused beer.

Next time we'll meet at my house and the theme will be "Chinese".

• RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511

Great looking evening.

I like the last one....screw the glass. :laugh:
  • PWisePWise Posts: 1,173
    hahahaha well... accidents do happen... :blush: a dog was also lost during the evening... :unsure:
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Well it certainly wasn't peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! :woohoo: Are you making it to Austin?

• BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    WOW! Looks like great fun.

I would really like to get down to Monterey and visit your restaurant.
  • PWisePWise Posts: 1,173
    Hey Mike!! Food was good... Unfortunately no, I am not attending the Austin fest this year... :angry: :unsure: :(

Will miss you guys...
  • Looks like you had a great feast Pato, thanks for the post