Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Omaha Steaks?

SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone ordered from the Omaha Steak people? Todays mail included their "SPECIAL" offer (4 5oz filets and 6 5oz burgers for $19.95). Is it worth it? The price sounds O.K. to me ... that is if they are good steaks.[p]Smokey
·

Comments

• JJJJ Posts: 951
    Smokey,
    I used to buy from them but thier quality has gone down hill. Stay away.

·
  • AbqEgg'rAbqEgg'r Posts: 91
    Smokey,
    Here's the link to a message that was recently posted concerning just this issue. Omaha Steaks didn't rate very high. http://biggreenegg.com/wwwboard/messages/44934.shtml

·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Smokey,[p]I had many in the past but recently I tried some and was very disappointed. If your looking for something to fill you up, they may be fine but the burgers are pretty fatty and they flame up a lot!! Steaks were very blaaagh. I can do much better at a good grocery counter (as far a taste goes).[p]Tim
    ·
  • RsqareRsqare Posts: 6
    Smokey, Filets are good, burgers are just so so. Filets are best cooked Pittsburgh rare with your egg as hot as you can get it. Good luck

·