Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Just finished

WhackMaster719WhackMaster719 Posts: 307
edited 2:15AM in EGG Table Forum
Hey everyone!

Just finished my table yesterday evening!!! I let it sit out overnight for the final coat of sealant to dry. I basically used the plans provided on the Naked Whiz site with some scaling back to my taste and budget. Since I don't have a bunch of fancy wood working equipment, I used regular old dimensional lumber in 4x4's and 2x4's for the framing, then went slightly nicer with 1x6 Western Red Cedar for the decking. As you can see, one of the boards was really dark, so that went in the middle as my "racing stripe". I'm planning on getting a couple of burly football players or a crane over to the house today to pick the thing up and put it on the back deck since it is heavy as hell. Once in place I can install and build my BGE tonight. Can't wait!!!

Enjoy.

Whacky,
Leesburg, Va.

2010-04-16120453.jpg

2010-04-19142853.jpg

2010-04-19142905.jpg

2010-04-20043608.jpg

Comments

• MemphistideMemphistide Posts: 207
    man that is good looking!
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Very Nice! :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Judy's EggJudy's Egg Posts: 104
    Looks like a solid table.
  • Looks very nice
  • DeadskinsDeadskins Posts: 52
    Very nice. If you want to be safe when installing the egg, take the top off first. Just don't forget to use the little plastic thingy that keeps the springs set.
  • CRF450808CRF450808 Posts: 34
    Looks good WhackMaster! I like the grain pattern on the front face of the frame..

Deadskins, what plastic thingy are you reffering to?
  • I think it is the piece that attaches to the hinge so the springs don't snap when you loosen the ring. I used some heavier zip ties, one on each side of the hinge. I zipped tied the top and bottom of the hinge together and that held everything just fine.
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    looks alot like mine, nice work! :cheer:
  • DubfromGADubfromGA Posts: 54
    Love the table....should survive high winds with no issue...very substantial!!!!!

I like the "racing stripe" provided by the darker board.