Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Playin' around with hot tubbing

Options
Carolina Q
Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Not bad. Not bad at all. My first attempt at hot tubbing. Put a small Omaha Steaks filet in a pot of 110-ish water for about 30 minutes. My baked potato was almost done so I took it out of the water. If I had thought of hot tubbing earlier, I would have put it in the water then - spur of the moment decision, ya know?

Then steak on the Mini at 450=500*. Flipped it and pulled at about 135. I don't think it was any better than Trexing, and the sear didn't look as nice, but it was easier. Less futzing with egg temps. I already had it around 400 for the potato so it didn't take much to raise the temp. Still, a really nice steak. Potato was perfect after about an hour and of course, it stayed warm while I cooked the steak.

Sorry, no pics, but it looked a lot like a steak and baked potato are supposed to look. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut