Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

dry ribs

Options
doccjb
doccjb Posts: 238
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With the proliferation of wet rib pics, I feel compelled on occasion to post a dry run. Used Rendezvous rub on a couple racks of Kroger baby backs:
April2010Roses019.jpg
April2010Roses022.jpg
five hours, indirect, at 250-260. The fam raved. Oh, and the Mississippi April Roses are starting:
April2010Roses012.jpg
April2010Roses009.jpg
April2010Roses002.jpg
April2010Roses001.jpg

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Those ribs look terrific! Do you have a recipe for Rendezvous' dry rub? I ate there only once and the rub wasn't the only thing that was dry. But the flavor was GREAT!! I found a recipe for their rub online - and it was HORRIBLE!! If you have a good one, sure would like to have it! Thanks!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• doccjb
    Options
    Truthfully, this was some stuff I found on the sauce/spice rack at Kroger. They tasted great, so if you can find it, I recommend giving it a try.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I did a dry rack about 3 weeks ago. What a nice change. Yours look perfect!! Bet them roses smell as good as those ribs. Nice post!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • doccjb
    Options
    Thank you--all of the women of the house have fresh cut blooms by their bedsides.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    That's beautiful!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Oh well. The nearest Kroger is about 400 miles away.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoosier
    Hoosier Posts: 107
    Options
    Beautiful pics. I need to get over my laziness and stop posting pics from my Blackberry!!! Actual high res digital photos are SO much more enjoyable
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Flowers re pretty,RIBS are AWESOME!That's how ribs are supposed to be eaten.DRY! B) If you want sauce dip some white bread in it and don't ruin the ribs!!! :ohmy: B)
  • Hoss
    Options
    Send me your mailing address via e-mail and some will show up at your door! B)
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    doccjb, do those ribs ever look good! :) I'll have to give the Rendezvous rub a try when I have a hankering for Memphis ribs.

Thanks for sharing the beautiful roses! I'm still waiting for mine to bloom.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    But how do I know I can trust you? :lol:

Email sent. Thanks very much, my friend. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Chris,

Great-looking ribs!

Also, great rose pics.

Good to see you posting again.
  • Hoss
    Options
    YOU CAN'T! :evil: No tellin what you'll get!!! B)
  • Big George's BBQ
    Options
    Ribs look Great Your roses are Beautiful