Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Watch your pork tenderloin

mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After giving a fun (well I had fun) pork loin class at OKFest, I proceeded to taste my pork tenderloin skewers and they were beyond awful. I mean AWFUL. Since I've done these a million times before with great results, figured something was up. So I fished out the wrapper the tenderloins came in. They were from a local grocery store, not my usual Costco stuff. AHA. These were injected with a brine solution. 18%. Say what? 18%? The final product was mush. I could literally take the meat and squish it in my fingers. ick yuck. So apologies to all the poor students who probably thought WOW...is she all talk or what! So one addition to the class notes...watch what is in the pork you buy. A little injected solution is tolerable, but that 18% is WAAY over the top!!! Buyer beware. Sigh...Costco...how could you be so far when I needed you!!!

mShark-the-publically-humiliated

Comments