Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Watch your pork tenderloin

mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After giving a fun (well I had fun) pork loin class at OKFest, I proceeded to taste my pork tenderloin skewers and they were beyond awful. I mean AWFUL. Since I've done these a million times before with great results, figured something was up. So I fished out the wrapper the tenderloins came in. They were from a local grocery store, not my usual Costco stuff. AHA. These were injected with a brine solution. 18%. Say what? 18%? The final product was mush. I could literally take the meat and squish it in my fingers. ick yuck. So apologies to all the poor students who probably thought WOW...is she all talk or what! So one addition to the class notes...watch what is in the pork you buy. A little injected solution is tolerable, but that 18% is WAAY over the top!!! Buyer beware. Sigh...Costco...how could you be so far when I needed you!!!

mShark-the-publically-humiliated

Comments