Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for good lump in AZ, TX, K.C

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,026
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought a large green egg a week ago and it's arriving Wednesday. I leave Thursday morning for California. My buddy was layed off from his job a year ago here in Minnesota. He said the hell with this and moved out to California. He picked up all his stuff one day and said I'm leaving for California and will be back in 1 year. His year is up and asked if I wanted to fly out and ride back with him. Lets see, take time off from work, see the Diamondbacks, Rangers, Royals baseball games, drink beer all day long, and eat bbq in in Texas and Kansas City? Ummmm, yes please! In Minnesota here we don't have a lot of options for lump charcoal. It's Menards, Home Depot, or Lowes for options. I have been talking with Adam here on egghead forum about lump charcoal. He told me to stay away from anything from the stores above and even offered to sell me some of his quality personal lump since we are almost neighbors we realized! (next town east) Since I will be driving in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oaklahoma, Missouri, and Iowa I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place for lump. I'm guessing we are taking the major freeway through each state. Don't know how much I can fit in his car with 3 people in it. Hoping for a few bags. I want my virgin egg to be good it's first time! Sorry, went a little over board with the last comment. Also if anyone has some suggestions on places to eat along the way that would be great! Bbq anything and anything spicy! Thanks for the help and input!
"Cars run on gas and electric not your grill!"
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments