Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Has anyone used a Aluminum pan

DeetwoodDeetwood Posts: 70
edited 2:56AM in EggHead Forum
to set up an indirect cook. I thought of trying that under a raised grid instead of the pizza stone.

Comments

• Chef WilChef Wil Posts: 702
    Deetwood,
    I do it all the time, either disposable or if you have an aluminum pan, wrap it in foil.

• UnConundrumUnConundrum Posts: 536
    Deetwood,[p]I picked up an array of deep dish aluminum pizza pans at a restaurant supply house and use them as drip trays. We usually line them with foil to make clean-up easy. They're deep enough to easily handle the fat from a brisket that was poorly trimed....
  • BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Deetwood,
    Works fine. I recommend putting a little water in - otherwise if just becomes a heat radiator. IMHO[p]Ken

• LasVegasMacLasVegasMac Posts: 183
    Deetwood, use them all the time - even on top of the pizza stone or plate setter. Also do as earlier post - line with foil to make clean up easy and for re-use.[p]LVM