Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vacuuming out the ash

Options
Mully
Mully Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello All
I have tried a shop vac and a shark type vacuum and the shop vac clogs up and blows ash dust everywere. The shark just clogs up with ash. What do you use to vacuum this out?? I know I can scrape it out of the ash-hole but that just doesent sound right to me!! LOL
Mully

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Mully,
    You don't really need to clean every last speck of ash out. It is a good thing to leave some ash in the bottom for its insulating properties. I just scrape it out of the lower vent when needed.
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Mully, for very fine dust and ash, you need a hepa type filter to keep the dust from flying. I use these when vaccuming drywall dust also. I have a special tool for my 16 gal Ridged vaccum.

• Love Handles
    Love Handles Posts: 253
    Options
    Mully,
    I removed the fire box & fire ring this weekend, and couldn't believe the amount of ash behind it. It must kinda block the airflow. There was a lot more than I would have thought. I usually just use the ash tool to remove old ash and sometimes shop vac it out when I'm going to do a long cook. See-Yaa