Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hey Guys & Gals

SWOkla-JerrySWOkla-Jerry Posts: 638
edited 10:21PM in Weight Loss Forum
Just started Weight Watchers at work. My first week I lost 13.6 lbs. It is a point system and I count pts of what I eat and drink. So far I am pleased, but I have OKC eggfest to get thru this weekend and am dreading all the temptations. Guess I will just hafta watch what I sample and keep the drinking down to a minimum. My goal is to lose 100 lbs over the next year, I hate this but I hafta lose some weight. I am glad I have my eggs to cook on, its the portion size and excersise that really counts. As has been pointed out, its a life style change.
Anybody else interested in Weight Watchers, there website is weightwatchers.com, check it out.
·

Comments

• azbbguyazbbguy Posts: 191
    SWOkla-Jerry wrote:
    Just started Weight Watchers at work. My first week I lost 13.6 lbs. It is a point system and I count pts of what I eat and drink. So far I am pleased, but I have OKC eggfest to get thru this weekend and am dreading all the temptations. Guess I will just hafta watch what I sample and keep the drinking down to a minimum. My goal is to lose 100 lbs over the next year, I hate this but I hafta lose some weight. I am glad I have my eggs to cook on, its the portion size and excersise that really counts. As has been pointed out, its a life style change.
    Anybody else interested in Weight Watchers, there website is weightwatchers.com, check it out.

Best of luck to you.
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Portion control is the hardest thing to do, but the most important!

Veggies on the Egg are fantastic and great on a diet.
    ·
  • 'Q Bruddah'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    Congratulations. Begin with the end in mind. Sounds like you've got a great start.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,283
    Jerry,

An eggfest is no place for moderation of any kind.B) It's over in a few days just have fun and worry about the weight on Monday.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Thanks
    I appreciate that.
    ·
  • You got that right, since I sure do like to eat.
    ·
  • Thanks QB, got to have that goal in place.
    ·
  • Eggactly how I intend to play it. Been looking forward to this weekend for the longest, now that that Canadian weather has left the area.
    ·