Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egg Fest Cooks

poolguypoolguy Posts: 129
edited 7:13AM in EggHead Forum
I have a question for the egg fest cooks. Have you ever had to buy a permit to cook @ an egg fest ?

Thanks Larry
·

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Nope.

Mike
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I never have. -RP
    ·
  • poolguypoolguy Posts: 129
    kinda what I thought.
    ·
    What is going on with the fest?

Mike
    ·
  • Yes, you need a permit. Please hand write an application (no form needed) and send the $250 processing fee care of Boilermaker Ben, PO Box... B)
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,696
    Don't be giving the county no ideas. Strapped for cash like they are they will start taxing unburned wood. Oh wait! They already do that don't they?

During a demo one time the health inspector came by and checked to see if our meat was properly chilled before cooking. I thought that was an intrusion but when I thought about it a bit I kinda liked it that someone is actually out there protecting us.

Spring "Kept Cool Until Used" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Never had to pay a permit fee, but on quite a few occasions I was ready to break out the checkbook to cover bail for some good friends.
    ·
    Oh they are saying we have to have a permit for EACH
    cook station.
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Always wondered how long it was going to take for that to happen...thats plain BS..
    ·
    $50 a pop.

Mike
    ·
    Could be the end of "Fest's" as we've come to know them...total crock for someone to make a buck...
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Poolguy...Who is "they"? Sounds like somebody has been given a tiny bit of authority, and uses it to ruin a whole bunch of peoples joy. :angry:
    ·
  • TennisbumTennisbum Posts: 228
    not sure about you, but since I buy all the needed stuff, don't think I would be paying for a permit as well.
    gp
    ·
    City of Kc, MO. I have a few people to talk futher into this. They have helped at events like this and didn't have that problem. I can see the city's point. It has to be controled some how for everybodys safety. I think maybe 1 permit to be submited and have 1 health inspector inspect all the food coming in to be cooked to make sure the food is safe and sealed from the suppliers.
    I don't know. I will try again next week. then on to plan D. I am running out of plans, LOL

Have a good night

Larry
    ·
    I do agree that the intent is for the good of all involved..but it's still a bunch of crap...what if someone shows up with some meat in a ziploc that they have been marinating for 48 hours...our health dept. wouldn't allow it in...sorry to hear you have to be in the situation they put you in...Good Luck..
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    poolguy, did you get my email the other day?
    ·
    Springfield, MO is just about as bad.
    Mike
    ·
    yes sir I did. I checked my locals out and the parking lots are too small and no place to park the cars.
    Thank You
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    That's too bad. I thought that would be the cure.
    ·