Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone had a crack at 'Portuguese Chicken' on their BGE?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A few times in the past I have had Portuguese Chicken from speciality chicken shops. It is kind of like charcoal chicken but in my view better tasting.[p]Has anyone prepared this dish on their BGE? If so would you please advise me on how to cook on the egg?[p]Thank you.

Comments

• Chrispy Bob
    Options
    GreenButNotSoLean, found this...looks pretty good.[p]CB[p]
    Portuguese Chicken Piri Piri[p]150 ml (1/4 pint) olive oil
    2 tbs lemon juice
    2 tsp Schwartz Chillies Crushed
    1 tsp Schwartz Garlic Salt
    1/2 tsp Schwartz Lemon Pepper
    1/2 tsp Schwartz Tarragon
    1/2 tsp Schwartz Basil
    1/4 tsp Schwartz Oregano
    8 chicken drumsticks, skinned [p]Place the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Score the flesh of the chicken and pour over the marinade. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.[p]Cook the chicken on the grill for 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with remaining marinade until thoroughly cooked.[p]Serve with a mixed salad.[p]Makes 4 servings.[p]

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Chrispy Bob,[p]Just a guess, but I think this recipe came from some group connected with Schwartz. Thoughts?[p]mSharque
  • Chrispy Bob
    Options
    MollyShark, Yep I just googlized Portuguese Chicken.[p]CB

• Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for going to the effort of looking this up Bob.[p]