Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Is your Big Green Egg still cooking even though it’s cold out? We hope so! We love the opportunity to cook heartier meals on the EGG during the winter. Some recipes you definitely want to try are Double Smoked Potatoes, BBQ Chicken Soup, Monte Cristo Sandwich and Breakfast Quiche. These are sure to keep your stomach warm & full! We can’t wait to see what winter-inspired dishes you cook!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tried Leo's BBQ in OKC?

eggbasketeggbasket Posts: 111
edited 1:08PM in EggHead Forum
Has anyone tried Leo's? Nice lookin food on the Diners, Drive-ins and Dives program.

Maybe Chris can weigh in on this.

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    There was a biker bar north of there we liked. Had horse racing. Going to miss that this year.
    ILYMTYEK.

Mike
  • eggbasketeggbasket Posts: 111
    r u going to get away to go to OKC?
    also. define ILYMTYEK.
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    It's
    Greek for " I love Tweev" :evil:
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    :ohmy: You are BAD! :ermm:
    Yes, I am! And I'm gonna be badder in OKC! :woohoo:
    gosh, go away for a while and the jokes all change :laugh: believe me, i tried to come up with it but honestly "i never knew mike felt that way about me"
    Besides, I though mike loved chubby. don't know nuttin about Tweev.
    I feel like someone who passed out and missed the whole party. :lol:
    don't think we have met. your profile says tomorrow is your 1 year anniversary to the forum. That's a good thing....I think.
    See you in OKC.
  • yes eggbasket, I've eaten there many times. It is pretty good for bbq joints, before eggin my own food, i would of highly recommended it along with many other bbq joints. but now since i do my own, i quit goin to these type places. there is a really good soul food restaurant 1 block away from leo's that also was featured on triple d's called MaMa E's Wings & Waffles‎, that would be my recomendation.
  • BrisketBobBrisketBob Posts: 135
    Best BBQ in OKC is JT's BBQ, 505 Sunnylane Rd.OKC 73115. It's a hike from NW OKC but worth it. Go East on I-40 to Sunnylane, get off I-40 and go N on Sunnylane for about 2 miles, it's on the left side of the street. Best ribs in town.Earl's BBQ @about 7000 N. Western is closer and pretty good, too. Looking forward to meeting you all this weekend.
    Gosh, you're right! Today completes 1 year on the forum for me. Wow. If someone doesn't explain the "joke" to you, I'll clue you in at the fest. See you soon ;)
  • RVHRVH Posts: 523
    I think I'll give them a try, as I'm close to there once a week, or so. Thanks for the tip.
    Is it far from the fest site?
  • SoonerfanSoonerfan Posts: 71
    There Strawberry Banana Cake is good. Steve's Ribs is a good place for Ribs. There's one in Edmond, not to far from the site.
  • BrisketBobBrisketBob Posts: 135
    JT's is about 15 miles from the fest site so it may be too far. It's worth the trip, though.
  • RVHRVH Posts: 523
    Steve's ribs is where we usually go. My wife really likes the smoked chicken, that is, when I don't have time to egg some for her, which she says is MUCH better than Steve's. :) I still like the flavor of their ribs: maybe you guys should go taste the ribs and then tell me how to get the same flavor. We like our ribs but it would be nice to duplicate the Steve's Ribs taste once in awhile.
  • Sooner EggSooner Egg Posts: 578
    Leo's is very good, but IMO both Earls and Steve's Rib are much better