Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg addiction benefits charity

Options
3Pedals6Speeds
3Pedals6Speeds Posts: 439
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I teach at a university, and the faculty annually offer something up to be auctioned for a charity, and the students bid for the items. This year I figured I'd merge charity and obsession and offered up a night of Egged goodness. Tomorrow night I have 13 MBA students coming over to help me eat 3 Boston Butts (24 lbs) 3 chickens (I dunno, 4lb apiece?) and a couple Tri-Tip Roasts.

I think I'll have enough food, although a couple of these guys are BIG.

It was interesting, the part they seized upon that ran up the bidding was that I'd have my Stoker Tweet throughout the night, so they could 'watch' their dinner being cooked.

I've never cooked for such a larger crowd, hope it all goes well.

Comments

• boston_stoker
    Options
    That's awesome! Best of luck on your big cook. Mine cook this weekend doesn't compare, but I am cooking 8 steaks and a large chicken Saturday afternoon. That is will be my biggest cook so far.
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    You will do fine, best of luck please post pics you should have enough food. Let us know how it goes.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • 3Pedals6Speeds
    Options
    Here are the pics I sent to them along with the Twitter address to follow their dinner.

BostonButts.jpg

EggStoker.jpg
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    That's very cool!! Good luck and great fun with that! Spreading the word and the taste in the ways we can. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • SmokinInCypress
    Options
    Very cool! Good luck and have fun!
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    That is a really great idea!! Sounds like alot of fun. Those kids are going to love the food. What a lineup you have. We'll probably end up with some new eggheads after it.
    Good luck and take lots of pics and let us know how it went. :)
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    They didn't get big my eating salads. B) I am cooking in a rib contest (I hope) for charity April 24th. Then a Cooking for Breast Cancer at my place in May. I to hope to raise over $2000 in one day.
    Good luck,
    Mike
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Cook twice as much as you think you'll need and you'll only have half enough!!! ;) :laugh: I hope ya'll can TWEET Pizza Hut!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    sounds like a great time for a good cause,, i suspect you have 'created a monster' once they get a taste of your egged food they will be looking for reasons to get you to cook for them,, and their friends,,