Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where's The Beef ???

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How come I never hear any talk of beef ribs? I did some last week that were out of this world !!! I know they don't have as much meat on them as pork spareribs but what meat they do have is about as tasty as you can get when BBQ'd right. Anyone else out there been BBQ'n beef ribs ?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    BBQKING,
    The only thing I don't like about the beef ribbs, they are too greasy. Other than that, they taste good. [p]Jerry

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    How about tellin' us how you cooked 'em, your highness.[p]Frosty Ones!
    Jim

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Beefb001.jpg
    <p />Peace and Love,[p]Beef ribs are the bee's knees. [p]Find a healthy rack, dust em with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick and cook em til they're done. [p]Nothing like them.[p]John

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    BBQKING, I do beef ribs alot, I get a cryovac package from my butcher with 2 racks in them, They are frozen, but they have not been trimmed, so they are full of meat. They are also pricy, but well worth it. Mine taste greasy only if they got reheated in the micro.

• UnConundrum
    UnConundrum Posts: 536
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]Damn they look good, and I love beef ribs.... What temp and how long?
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    UnConundrum,[p]Those were prime 'beef back' ribs and they cooked kind of fast.
    They finished in a little over 3 hours around 250, indirect.
    When the meat pulled back from the bone and they felt like they would fall apart when picked up, they were done.[p]If you can find really meaty beef ribs, they are very good eating...... tender, juicy, great texture and all beef flavor.[p]Hey, when you come down to pick up your brisket, you can get some ribs while you're at it....... mapquest says it's only about 50 miles drive for you.[p]John[p] [p]

• Unknown
    Options
    WooDoggies, Now thats what I'm talkin about. Prime cut beef ribs cooked to perfection so you can let your animalistic tendancies come out and chew on them bones like a dog. Those ribs are looking good, nice crust, meaty and juicy.
    You Da Man !!!

• Unknown
    Options
    BBQKING, I wish I had know this post was here...beef ribs are my favorite, I'll take em first over baby back or spares and I really love doing all 3 when I do ribs so folks can choose...but you can bet your sweet bajeebees I'll have me some of the beef ones afore there gone. Woodoggies them thangs look like killer ribs and I can't wait till Sunday I got spares and beef and now I'm so hungry I proly gonna have to hunt up me a rack of baby backs now.