Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

DC wine connection

tjvtjv Posts: 3,354
edited 2:46PM in EggHead Forum
Anybody have a trusted wine connection in the DC area. I need to send congrats an important real estate client.....thanks, T
www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.

Comments

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Hey Tom..Sally's the wine drinker in our house, I'll ask her when she gets home...Are you lookin for someplace to order a bottle and have it sent to someone???? I wouldn't know what kind of restrictions there might be for sending wine from Maryland into DC....
  • this is a very good wine/cheese shop in arlington. ..i don't know where your client is though...if they are in DC, i don't know if they can deliver across the river or not ...(interstate commerce laws and all that junk) ...

http://www.arrowine.com/
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,354
    the clients are in Bethesda. need a guy who can do a little more than just make a delivery. Maybe make a call and offer recommendations to fit client's choices then deliver.

Me, I'm a beer drinker, so know nothing about wine other than couple years ago, I quit putting ice cubes in the merlot.

t
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,354
    living in TX, we don't concern ourselves too much about State lines, unless it's about college football.....LOL. dudes are in Bethesda.
  • well, you can try the good folks at arrowwine a call and if they can't make a delivery to bethesda, perhaps they can make a good recommendation for you . ..
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Too bad BigGreenDave isn't still on the forum. He had quite an extensive wine collection right in his garden...if his Mama would have let you have any..
    :woohoo: :lol: :silly: :whistle: :cheer: ;) B) :) :laugh:
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    I concur with the "wine.com" recommendation. The ship to many states, and have very good deals. I would recommend a Pinot Noir, which is heart enough for snobs, light enough for novices, and just right for many in between.
  • I'd recommend Schneider's on Capitol Hill. They'll have a good recommendation for you. Calvert Woodley is also a good bet.

Mike
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Good to see your name rise from the past my friend...comin to Waldorf?
  • Unfortunately, Bethesda is a big problem for wine. Montgomery County, MD (where Bethesda is located) controls the distribution of wine, so the only place to buy wine in Bethesda are state run liquor stores.

Like someone has suggested, try Arrowine in Arlington - they are the best in Northern Virginia. If that doesn't work, try Calvert Woodley or MacArthur in the district. Both are very well regarded.