Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

@?*&$#% Chili Verde.........an anathema

eenie meenie
eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I wanted to make a red chili with Gary's, Village Idiot's homemade Moose Butt Powder. However, since Gary hadn't been on the forum, I thougt I would wait until he returned to the forum to do my red chili cook. So instead, yesterday I bought stuff to make my B?*&$#d Chili Verde. Wouldn't you know it, I noticed that Gary has returned. YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! So I'll make some red chili soon in tribute to us eggers finding our Village Idiot at a later date. Gary, it was sad around here without you.

Rebecca's B?*&$#d Chili Verde (I didn't name this, friends at my first chili cookoff in Denver named it this because it has tomatoes. That is how I learned that tomatoes are an anathema to chili purists):
2 1/2 lb cut up pork butt,12 dozen roasted poblanos and 4 raosted jalapenos, 1 really big onion, 4 cloaves, garlic, 1 large can whole tomatoes coarsely chopped, 2 cups chicken broth.

Prep ingredients:
IMG_2418.jpg

Roasted poblanos and jalapenos
IMG_2424.jpg

Browned pork butt, the fond came out great.
IMG_2427.jpg

Pork Butt with sauteed onions and garlic, raosted diced chiles, and tomatoes
IMG_2430.jpg

braiser setting on three egg feet which where on a platesetter. Used Oak for smoke. Egged at 250 - 300 degrees uncovered for one hour, then covered for 45 minutes.
IMG_2432.jpg
Plated with Allagash Grand Cru
IMG_2443.jpg

Plated B?*&$#d Chili Verde
IMG_2452.jpg

Perhaps the best part was being able to dine al fresco with the last of my narcissus!

Comments