Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Slicer recommendations

AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
edited 4:41PM in EggHead Forum
I got so pissed off at my slicer that I put it in the trash. It was a Krups model that was impossible to clean. I really need a decent slicer that is easy to clean, any recommendations? -RP

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,907
    Don't know how heavy of a unit you are seeking, I currently use a Rival SS and has been great for brisket, buckboard and top round. Gets used about once a month. However this unit was on sale a few months back

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=42787

and only $19.95 have not had a chance to use, but for the price thought it was a great deat for the $$$.
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    I use a Chef's Choice Model 632. It disassembles very easily and cleans up quickly. I bought the non-serrated blade for it and like the cleaner slices it makes.
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    not the waring pro it is a pain to clean!!!

i will ask you sometime in the future which one you decided on. because the waring pro pisses me off with the difficulty to clean issue

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,415
    Randy,

I have an Italian one. Ponte della Priula i believe. Good slicer!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RhinoRhino Posts: 39
    That's the model I have. Works great. I have both blades and a sharpener. Highly recommend it.
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    I have to second Bente. I have the Waring Pro and while it functions well, it is a complete PITA to clean. Chefs Choice seems to be popular with others but I haven't used it.
    Knoxville, TN
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Thanks! -RP
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    check "cabela's" ....
  • troutmantroutman Posts: 498
    I bought a Chef's Choice slicer and like it a lot. We use it 2-3 times a month and it is not too bad to clean.