Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Interesting twist on ABT's

ChefAlChefAl Posts: 66
edited 10:08PM in EggHead Forum
Mrs. Al isn't wild about jalapeno peppers and I do not like cream cheese.

So the other day I tried ABT's using mini sweet peppers, pepper jack cheese, apricot jelly, pulled pork, and bacon on top. Came out great and they were almost gone before I could take the photo. They were delicious.

IMG_0566.jpg

Comments

• RhinoRhino Posts: 39
    Was the cheese shredded? Also, did you mic the cheese with anything?
  • ChefAlChefAl Posts: 66
    I just cut up the cheese into tiny cubes and inserted into the bottom of each pepper. It melted nicely. The apricot jelly makes it sweet in the beginning and the pepper jack give you a zing at the end. TASTY!!
  • RhinoRhino Posts: 39
    Sounds good. Did you put the jelly inside or brush the outside?
    Inside... Cheese first, then apricot jelly, then pulled pork, topped with bacon of course.
  • :laugh: love those mini sweet peppers! they are so versatile!! great idea, Al...was your Pepper Jack cheese smoked on the BGE? that is a great cook B)
    no, didn't smoke the cheese, but I like how you think!!