Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Another BBQ Party

Don MarcoDon Marco Posts: 287
edited 8:56PM in EggHead Forum
Howdy...

Had 11 hungry friends around tonight for some BBQ & Beer.

Rubbed and injected a pork shoulder and a brisket flat from the US the night before and put on the egg at 6 am with some cherry and walnut wood.

57_P1050463_Small_1.jpg
57_P1050464_Small_1.jpg
57_P1050465_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050468_Small_1.jpg

When the guests arrived around noon it looked great but was far from done so we needed something else first

57_P1050470_Small_1.jpg
57_P1050472_Small_1.jpg

3 pound T-Bone, also from the US. Awesome meat, so much better than the lean, non aged domestic crap we get here. Served with fresh grilled Naan.

57_P1050473_Small_1.jpg
57_P1050474_Small_1.jpg
57_P1050485_Small_1.jpg
57_P1050500_Small_1.jpg
57_P1050506_Small_1.jpg

MOINK Balls

57_P1050476_Small_1.jpg

Puff Pastry Pinwheels with ground pork, BBQ Rub and Cheddar Cheese and a version with aivar, cream cheese and cheddar

57_P1050475_Small_1.jpg
57_P1050477_Small_1.jpg
57_P1050479_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050478_Small_1.jpg

Lamb Lollipops with Dizzy Pig - Red Eye Express

57_P1050516_Small_1.jpg
57_P1050519_Small_1.jpg

Loaded Potato Skins with roasted bell pepper and feta cheese

57_P1050520_Small_1.jpg

Atomic Buffalo Turds

57_P1050515_Small_1.jpg

Forrest and Bubba would love this

57_P1050522_Small_1.jpg

Phantastic Red Snapper, grilled on lemon slices

57_P1050523_Small_1.jpg
57_P1050546_Small_1.jpg

Argentinian Rib-Eye Steaks

57_P1050539_Small_1.jpg

Some rabbit food

57_P1050541_Small_1.jpg
57_P1050548_Small_1.jpg

Roasted Ciabatta with Chipotle Butter

57_P1050580_Small_1.jpg

Pulled Pork Tortillas with Cole Slaw and Barbecue Sauce

57_P1050579_Small_1.jpg

And finally the awesome Brisket

57_P1050557_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050562_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050570_Small_1.jpg

My friends said theyre gonna skip breakfast tomorrow smi5.gif

a_cheers.gif

DM
www.don-marcos-bbq.de

Comments

• JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Simply amazing, Don Marco. What a meal for you and your friends, and these pictures were characteristically superb. A top-notch effort, as usual. How about we arrange a trade...beef for beer?

My son's spending a month in Hamburg come summer, and will be cooking a dinner for his host family. Maybe he needs to outsource it to a pro!
  • drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    Nice!
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • mnwalleyemnwalleye Posts: 226
    WOW, now that a cook!
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
    What a great BBQ party! You know how to treat your friends. And look at all your eggs... holy smokes!
    Good times with great food. Nice work with the brisket and the toasted ciabatta bread looks fantastic. :woohoo:
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    DM, what a BBQ! :) I don't think your guest will need to eat for a week. You cooked in one day what I cook in a year. How do you pull it off?

Be sure and show me pics during spargel season......it's just around the corner.
  • Judy's EggJudy's Egg Posts: 104
    Wow!!!
  • BoxerpapaBoxerpapa Posts: 989
    That is some good looking eats you have there, but the pictures are awesome. Looks like you had a good day Eggin'
  • Woweeee, what a party, great spread.

Doug.
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Amazing Don!, everything looks perfect. :cheer:

Gator

• WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Wow - what a great looking meal.

Can I be your friend !

Michael
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    All I can say is OUTSTANDING each and every one. :whistle:
  • EggSimonEggSimon Posts: 422
    absolut fantastic, buddy ! B)
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,953
    Great hors d'œuvres there. What did you have for an entrée ? Just kidding. Fantastic cook, as usual, Don Marco. :woohoo:

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• EggerDanEggerDan Posts: 105
    Fantastic spread and post. B)

Thanks for sharing the great pics.

Daniel
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    superb!.... your my hero....lol rr
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    superb!.... your my hero....lol rr
  • wow, what a feast,, i hope, that one day, we are at the same fest or competition,, i will plant myself directly in front of your eggs for the duration.. your freinds are lucky.
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    What a fantastic looking meal. I have egg envy. ;)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Serial GrillerSerial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Geez Don! Your own eggfest! Great choice of food.
    I want to know who did the prep work!!!!
    Thanks for sharing.
  • That was a fabulous spread of egged food. Fantastic photos. The puff pastry thingies look interesting.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone eLse does!

3 Large, 2 Smalls, 1 well-used Mini
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Too bad there was hardly any food.

Can I get instructions on how to make those puff pastry pinwheel things? Thanks.
    P.S. I just showed this to my husband. He said, "Where does he live?" :laugh:
  • Don MarcoDon Marco Posts: 287
    Dimple's Mom wrote:
    Too bad there was hardly any food.

Can I get instructions on how to make those puff pastry pinwheel things? Thanks.

I cooked those at the Eggtoberfest in Atlanta last year, too. They were gone in seconds :evil:

013small.jpg

Mix fine ground pork with your favourite BBQ rub and add 1/3 pound of grated cheddar to a pound of meat. Mix very well.
    Defrost the puff pastry until its almost thawed, flatten it a bit more with a rolling pin. Then spread the stuffing evenly all over it, roll it up and cut into slices. Put a wet skewer into each and cook at ~350 F until the pastry becomes crisp, turning once or twice. Oiling the grate a couple of minutes before putting them on is very helpful here.

The vegetatian version was a stuffing of cream cheese, grated cheddar and aivar paste.

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
    Yummy - might have to try those today! What's aviar paste? I did a google search and came up with nothing other than the suggestion that I mistyped caviar paste. But since you wrote it twice, I'm thinking you did not misspell it.
    Okay, I found what aivar is. (Helps to spell it right!) So next question....where in the supermarket will I find it?
  • Don MarcoDon Marco Posts: 287
    Dimple's Mom wrote:
    Yummy - might have to try those today! What's aviar paste? I did a google search and came up with nothing other than the suggestion that I mistyped caviar paste. But since you wrote it twice, I'm thinking you did not misspell it.

Theres different ways to write that word all over the world. ;)

Heres what youre looking for :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajvar

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Everything looks spectacular! I hope your friends were hungry. Bookmarking the pinwheel recipe, going to have to give those a try soon.