Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

big green egg fire starters ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Linda, on the off chance that you're still reading this semi-hijacked thread :), Ace Hardware carries Rutland Safelite Fire Starter Squares. They look like and seem to work the same as the BGE brand. As I recall, the price is similar, but if you don't have BGE dealer nearby, as I don't, you might try these.

I bought some in the Ace store, but their website says catalog and internet only. Worth a shot if you have an Ace nearby.

4198180.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• NotabuttDave
    Options
    I bought these:

http://doitbest.com/Wood+Pellets+and+Fire+Logs-Meeco+Mfg-model-418-doitbest-sku-439396.dib

At my local hardware store. They are the same as the BGE. The differences are the printing on the box, and the price.
  • Bjvanm
    Bjvanm Posts: 25
    Options
    EVOO and paper towel works but MAPP Gas torch is my favorite!