Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE DEMO - thanks!

BananaChipz
BananaChipz Posts: 207
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to post a thanks to Jasper for coming and helping me out with the demo.

Also thanks to CanuggHead, Little Steven, and that other guy (forgot his name) for the moral support :)

It really went well, and we generated a huge amount of interest. I think we can get credit for 2 sales at least!

Some lessons learned:
- My pulled pork rocks! (according to one old lady there)
- Jasper flips a mean Ribeye.
- When you think you have enough pulled pork, bring more!
- One table is not enough for prep!
- Never let Canugghead convince a first-timer to cook Easter dinner the next day, even though they've never touched a BGE before... Just kiddin' Gary, I didn't read about any fires in Woodbridge :)

See you folks at the Docks in the summer.

Comments

• Gald to here your demo went so well! Sorry I couldn't be there. Maybe next time.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    It was great meeting the gang and thanks for saving me the last pp sandwich with lots of bark, the old lady is right! Add a couple of chairs to you 'lesson learned' list :P

As for that newbie buyer you got him started, I just did the closing ;) But seriously, I was worried about his enthusiasm, he was having 17 people over for Easter Sunday and planned on cooking up a storm ... two legs of lamb, lamp chops, steaks, pizza, etc. He must have spent close to $2k loading up on Large BGE, nest(?), cover, plate setter, remote therm, pizza stone, ceramic beer can chick stands, rib rack, etc. Even the store staff told him to go easy! By the way, he's in Maple, not too far from me. In hind sight I should have left him my phone number in case he needed help :blush: I hope he remembered our warning about losing the gasket on a virgin egg.

Gary
    canuckland
  • Jasper
    Jasper Posts: 378
    Yeah, it was a lot of fun! Learned a lot and it was great meeting all of you. The pulled pork was fantastic! Picked up my BernzOmatic torch today too.
  • BananaChipz
    Awesome.. you'll love the torch..

Just make sure you have good gloves especially if you get some of that "RESTAURANT" stuff in the blue bag. More fireworks than Canada Day!!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    Will it work well in sub-zero temperature?
    canuckland
  • BananaChipz
    Considering MAPP burns at 5301° F, you should be ok :)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Gary,

Yes it will. The cylinder gets really cold though. Wear gloves.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON