Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Easter Brisket Help Please!

Options
Mr. Matt
Mr. Matt Posts: 59
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am planning on cooking a brisket this Sunday. Has anyone marinated theirs with apple cider? Why do so many people prefer using mustard? I have used brown sugar in rub prior to using BGE. I have read here sugar is a NO-NO, why? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Comments

• rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Lots of great questions Matt.The mustard thing helps the rub adhere a little better and I here the vineger will help break down the toughness(I don't know about that).The brown sugar will burn pretty easy,I would try a turbinado if you have to have sugar.I inject w/ beef boullion mixed w/jack Daniels,A-1 and Kitchen Bouguet.I rub w/Black pepper and a mix of seasoning salts.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Mr. Matt
    Options
    That sounds mighty tasty, I appreciate your response. I plan on posting later with pics.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Oh, no, Mr. Matt! It's Easter basket, not Easter brisket! :woohoo:
  • SmokinParrotHead
    Options
    Mr Matt....as Dale mentioned the sugar is a no-no because it burns too easy. Some folks use bbq sauces for ribs that have sugar in them, but you shouldn't even put that on until just before you pull the ribs due to that fact. As for the yellow mustard, it adds NO taste what-so-ever. Again as Dale says, some folks say it makes the meat more tender.....I, like Dale, am not sure that is a fact but the it definitely allows whatever dry rub you put on the meat to stick, AND it does so without changing the taste.
  • Mr. Matt
    Options
    lmao!!! :lol: :woohoo: :laugh: