Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Moose burgers with blue cheese

mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited 10:14PM in EggHead Forum
Today i was having the guys over for some moose burgers but wanted to try something different.What i did is mixed Todd's Dirt Original into the mix with a chopped onions and then i crumbled about half of the package of the blue cheese.Then i mixed it all together and formed some nice big patties.One good thing about moose the meat does not shrink when it cooks so the burgers were nice and big!The outcome was very tasty with the tangyness of the blue cheese.

002-10.jpg
004-15.jpg
005-14.jpg
006-14.jpg
007-6.jpg

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,472
    Mike,

I hate you for having moose :angry:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,111
    When you have lots of mooses are they then meeses? Loved the moose sausage in Atlanta a few years back.
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Hate is such a harsh word!! :P
    Moose from from a buddy that got one last year only like 5 minutes after season opened he had it killed and loaded on the truck!! Was a good meal first time i have used blue cheese in my life.I hadn't even tasted it before today.Pretty good in the meat but alone i found it very strong.
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Looks great Mike. I need some more moose. Maybe I'll find a chance to come up and hunt your backyard this fall.

My favorite is a burger with nothing but blue cheese and a thick slice of Irish bacon.
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    i may have to try that!!!

of course moose is pretty rare around here so i will have to try hanger burgers or just hamburgers ;)

hope all is well with you pal

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 19,956
    a moose attacked my dog a few years back, now i know what to do if he comes back. B) i have no idea how my dog came out unscratched, it was a vicious attack, moose hate dogs, any dog
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Mike glad to hear from you...........Now, those are some tasty burgers....reminds me of the flintstones.. :laugh:
    Fidel You are always welcomed here but not sure you will get a moose in my backyard?? :unsure:
    But i sure could help you find a place to hunt some!! :woohoo:
    Yeah they were pretty big but very good i might add!
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,671
    Nice Mike,, can't wait to try that sausage again also. You need to get your truck up to higher speeds so you can hit another one :whistle: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Looks REALLY GREAT!!
    What a great combo with a little fat to the meat and a lovely flavor!
    Wish I were at you place tonight!
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    That looks like quite an adventure.
  • LoneStarEggLoneStarEgg Posts: 287
    Awesome..... Want to trade some moose for some prong horn antelope white tail deer or red stag?