Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Up slightly

Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited 5:36PM in Weight Loss Forum
Up about a half pound this week. :(

Total down since first of the year = 14 lbs.
·

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,303
    same boat here and dont know why, not expexting easter to help either but after that going back at it. :laugh: picked up a nice roadbike for cheap, hoping that helps when the warmer weather gets here
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Just be careful!

Saturday was the first time I have been back on a bicycle since my bad accident on July 4 last year. I was a little apprehensive, but we road for 10 miles and had a great time - it was a beautiful, sunny day in the mid 70's. :) (Sorry - ;) )
    ·
    i'll be getting a helmet. my last bike had lousy brakes, this cannondale is really a nice bike compared to my last one, dont know what all the extra gears are for though :laugh: it will be a while though, the streets are still covered with all the slippery salted winter sand.
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Great idea on the helmut. I see people riding now without helmuts, esp. kids, and I want to scream out to them to get a helmut. Senseless risk! :(
    ·
    worlds changed alot, never would have years ago wore a helmet. i remember back in 6 or 7th grade putting 40 to 50 miles on the bike regularly heading to and back from the beach, today i see parents not letting there kid ride moere than a block or two from the house :laugh: i already know im going to crash, just planning ahead ;)
    ·
  • crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    funny...just got back from skiing...make my 4 1/2 year old wear a helmet...my wife and I went to all of the shops looking to buy ourselves one....no one had our sizes, or only had ungodly colors left...

getting one more because I think of leaving my kids with a brain dead dad, than I really think I'm going to need it...then again I'm not as good of a skier as I used to be, though I still find myself on the same terrain....

Also have one for my mountain bike, though that is more to keep the branches off my head....

On the weight loss thing, 1/2 marathon training starts Monday.
    ·
  • Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,225
    crghc98 wrote:
    funny...just got back from skiing...make my 4 1/2 year old wear a helmet...my wife and I went to all of the shops looking to buy ourselves one....no one had our sizes, or only had ungodly colors left...

getting one more because I think of leaving my kids with a brain dead dad, than I really think I'm going to need it...then again I'm not as good of a skier as I used to be, though I still find myself on the same terrain....

Also have one for my mountain bike, though that is more to keep the branches off my head....

On the weight loss thing, 1/2 marathon training starts Monday.
    I'm also starting to train for a half later in May. Not sure I will be able to do it but I need to try. I've done numerous full marathons but have major ankle surgery and got fat...lol :) Good luck with your training. Where are you running it?
    ·
    no helmet for skiis yet for me. changed over to shape skis a couple years ago from my old long boards, wow, give me ice, used to look for powder, now i want the scariest trail i can find :laugh: these newer skis are crazy :ermm: :laugh:
    ·