Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ironic...

JB
JB Posts: 510
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was reading the board yesterday, one of those posts where someone had problems getting to, and/or holding temp in the Egg. I've always been puzzled by those posts, guess I've just been fortunate to have never had any problem with a fire going out, or getting to nuclear temps. Granted, I've only had an Egg about 9 months, but average about 4 nights/ week cooking on it.

Well, last nite it finally happened to me. Fired up the Egg for Ribeyes and asparagus, (vent wide open, top off) just shortly after reading the aforementioned post. Went back in, came out 20-30 mins later expecting sear temps only to find the Egg at 250*. Opened it up, lump was lit but must have had one of those frequently mentioned blockages. Stirred it up good and 15 mins later had 650*. Well, I can now say it's happened to me.

Anyhoo, haven't posted much in a while either- here's last night's Ribeyes & Asparagus.

Ribeyesasparagus3-29-10001.jpg
Ribeyesasparagus3-29-10002.jpg
Ribeyesasparagus3-29-10003.jpg
Ribeyesasparagus3-29-10004.jpg
Ribeyesasparagus3-29-10005.jpg

Comments