Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Polders Anyone????

Options
SpiceCooks
SpiceCooks Posts: 80
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Run don't walk to your nearest Tuesday Morning. They really do have Polders for $9.99. I found mine in the grilling section. Can't believe this deal!

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    SpiceCooks,[p]Darn, that means I have to wait six more days -- its wednesday here already.[p]Tim
  • SpiceCooks
    SpiceCooks Posts: 80
    Options
    Tim M,
    Hate to tell you this but if you wait until next wednesday, they may all be gone. The lady told me that a guy had been in and bought 2 of them before me and said he may be back for more. ???? Grillin' Bill ??? Possibly???

• Mike Oelrich
    Mike Oelrich Posts: 544
    Options
    SpiceCooks,[p] Thanks for the tip. Never heard of the store, so I went to www.tuesdaymorning.com. Turns out there is one less than a mile from me!!!!!! DUH! Guess I'll stop by (buy?) tomorrow. Wow, a whole Polder for the price of getting a probe shipped . . .[p]MikeO[p]PS Hey NatureBoy. Saw your Polder at the Eggfest. You might consider a few spares yourself. That thing looked pretty well used!
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    SpiceCooks,[p]
    Your message said," Run don't walk to your nearest Tuesday Morning. They really do have Polders for $9.99." [p]Now, since its wednesday here in Virginia USA -- and you want me to Run, not walk to the nearest Tuesday --- unless I travel around to the internalional date line --> that's 5+ days away. I ain't traveling to the international date line for a Polder sale! Maybe Tanker Tim will do it![p]Tim

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    MikeO,[p]The thing is, Nature Boy possesses some strange BBQ powers. With a simple pass of the hand a few feet away from a BGE, he can read the grill, dome, and internal temps of meat in a few seconds. It's actually kinda neat; those sunglasses actually contained some type of LEDs which would digitally display the numbers for all to see.[p]Quite the cook, that Nature Boy.[p]Cornfed
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Tim M,[p]You're missing the whole point. He was acually using understatement by saying, "run." What he actually meant was to run faster than the speed of light in circles around the world for a while to actually turn back time to Tuesday Morning so you can get your cheap polders. Ever see the movie SuperMan?[p]Duh,
    Cornfed

• McKevin
    McKevin Posts: 47
    Options
    Figures, the nearest one is 3 hours away, one of the bad points about living in Mayberry...[p]Any chance a kind soul might consider picking up two or three & mailing 'em to me?? Heck, I would even consider reimbursing you ;)[p]Kevin
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    SpiceCooks,[p]Thanx for the great tip!! I had never heard of Tuesday Morning stores and checked out their website to find store locations. I have to drive from Cleveland to Cincinnati today on a business trip and will pass at least 6 TMs along the way right off my primary route of Interstate 71. Gonna get me some polders for little more than the cost of a replacement probe.[p]K~G

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    SpiceCooks,
    Thanks for the great tip. I had never heard of the store either, but found one location less than 5 minutes from here! I'll be sure to pick up a few of them!